Frequently Asked Questions
What is Personal Life Coaching?
The short answer: someone that partners with you to help you obtain your goals and create the life of your dreams (Even if you’re not clear on your dreams yet.). They provide support, guidance and are your accountability partner, and offer tools that you can use long after your final coaching session. Unlike counseling, Personal Life Coaching focuses on the present and future.
I personally like to incorporate Law of Attraction practices, spirituality, and meditation for stress management and personal growth. Coaches honor you as the expert of your life and believe you are resourceful and whole.
Coach’s provide expertise and have the responsibility to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what you want to achieve
- Encourage self-discovery
- Work together to elicit solutions and strategies
- Hold you responsible and accountable
How can you determine if coaching is right for you?
Do you have goals that you need support obtaining? Are you wanting to be, do, or have more in your life? Are you ready to create the life of your dreams? Then personal life coaching can be an amazing tool to help you strategize, achieve your goals, support and expertly guide you to be your best version and live an amazing life with greater ease and happiness.
What are some typical reasons someone might work with a coach?
An individual can choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Life transition- divorce, new job, empty nest
- Something urgent, compelling or exciting is at stake (a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity)
- A gap exists in knowledge, skills, confidence or resources
- A desire to accelerate results
- A lack of clarity with choices to be made
- Success has started to become problematic
- Work and life are out of balance, creating unwanted consequences
How is coaching delivered?
Coaching typically begins with a personal interview (either face-to-face or by teleconference call) to assess your current situation, strengths, opportunities and challenges, define the scope of the relationship, identify priorities for action and establish specific desired outcomes. Subsequent coaching sessions may be conducted in person or over the telephone, with each session lasting a previously established length of time. Between scheduled coaching sessions, you may be asked to complete specific actions that support the achievement of your personally prioritized goals. The coach may provide additional resources in the form of relevant articles, checklists, assessments or models to support your individual actions. The duration of the coaching relationship is individually tailored and depends on your needs and preferences.
How long does a coach work with an individual?
The length of coaching depends on the individual’s needs and preferences. It can vary from 1 to 2 hour weekly sessions or longer. It depends on the types of goals, the ways individuals work, and the frequency of coaching meetings.
What does coaching ask of an individual?
To be successful, we start off with positive intentions. Additionally, we focus on your:
- tough questions, the hard truths and your successes
- behaviors and communication with others
- intuition, assumptions, judgments, and how you come across when you speak
- existing attitudes, beliefs and behaviors and develop new ones, as needed, that empower you and propel you forward
- personal strengths and overcome limitations that hold you back
- taking decisive actions, however uncomfortable and in spite of personal insecurities, to reach for the extraordinary
- self-compassion while learning new behaviors and experiencing setbacks, and compassion for others as they do the same
- courage to reach for more than before, while engaging in continual self-examination
What are your payment terms?
Full payment for life coaching is due prior to the commencement of coaching. Discounts are offered for a series of sessions. Credit card payments are accepted. If you book a series of sessions and you are not completely satisfied after the first session I will refund 100%.
Will my health insurance cover coaching?
Unfortunately, Life Coaching is not covered by health insurance at this time.